My Summer on the Cape

The places I visit, the knowledge I gain, the people I meet, the adventures I experience, the memories I make: it's all here

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Turkey Love Drama

On my way to work the other day, I saw my turkey again! This time he was with his lover, which made me really happy. They ambled along the side of the road, pecking at the ground about ten feet from each other. I smiled to myself, thinking of them as having a solid enough relationship that they didn't need to be joined at the hip or chattering away constantly - they could just be happy eating quietly in each other's presence.

I fear I may have misread the situation, however, because I saw just one turkey when I was leaving work on Friday. Perhaps they weren't as happily coupled as I had assumed, and they were actually giving each other the cold shoulder. It appears as though they may be having marital problems, and are temporarily separated. I'll have to continue to monitor the situation. I hope they work it out, because I still remember how sad he was calling for her that first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment